This weekend, I had a moment – a moment that I am sure that all Mommies can relate to:
My Children plucked my last nerve!!!
Well, maybe not my last nerve but pretty close. All I know is that I stopped what I was doing, went to my room, closed the door and screamed. After saying, “Lord help me”, I went back downstairs to finish preparing lunch. I figured if I could get the Nick Crew (Selena, Isaac, and Isaiah) to sit down and eat, then I could have 15 minutes of calm without them bickering with each other over books, games, or toys.
As the afternoon progressed, I decided to read my Bible to keep my sanity until Daddy was able to get home from work.
So, when you need a Mommy Sanity break, grab your Bible, read these scriptures and pray for the peace of God:
- Lamentations 3:22-26 (NIV) – “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.’ The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”
- Psalms 34:17 (NIV) – “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.”
- Psalms 46:10 (NIV) – “…Be still, and know that I am God…”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
- Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) – “For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear; I will help you.”
- Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) – “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control.”
- Galatians 6:9 (AMP) – “Let us not grow weary or become discouraged in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap, if we do not give in.”
- Philippians 4:7 (TLR) – “If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.”
The evening came to an end with two of the three kids being sent to bed early! Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day!